Toyota Yaris - Wiper water squirter. - Jacqueline Fowler

Sorry I don't know the technical term, but the water squirter on my Toyota seems to have gone wonky. It appears to be on a ball joint and it is supposed to squirt backwards and forwards across the windscreen following the wiper. Recently it seems to have gone out of synch, it is not reaching across the passenger side and only squirts on the drivers side (thankfully!) I think this is a probably a simple fix if you know what to do! Can anyone give me some advice please?

Toyota Yaris - Wiper water squirter. - blindspot

give it brush , or pick with a needle

Toyota Yaris - Wiper water squirter. - Andrew-T

I know nothing about the Yaris, but the only screen washers I have seen that follow the blades have the nozzle attached to the wiper arm. If the squirting has gone wrong somehow it usually means the nozzle needs to be cleared or realigned (a pin or thin needle is good).

Toyota Yaris - Wiper water squirter. - gordonbennet

If the washer jet moulding is clipped to the wiper arm disconnect the pipe and if you look closely you'll usuall see a wrap over fold in the plastic fitting that you can prise off and remove the jet block entirely from the wiper arm.

take it inside poke through all the jet holes with a pin then reverse flush down those jets via the houehold tap...put the sink plug though in if you drop it the thing might disappear down the plug hole.

before refitting operate the washers to blow anything in the pipeline clear reconnect and spend a few minutes setting up the washer jets with a stiff pin so they squirt in the direction you want...take into account you want the jet to still hit the screen at 70mph as well as walking speed.

If the problem happens again shortly then its possible the washer bottle needs cleaning out, they can get quite nasty inside after a few years, i have no idea has easy access to the washer bottle will be, probably awkward.

Toyota Yaris - Wiper water squirter. - Falkirk Bairn

Milton liquid or crushed tablet - Baby bottle cleaner if there are growths in the water bottle.

Tesco's own brand is rough £1 for 20+ tablets

Toyota Yaris - Wiper water squirter. - Jacqueline Fowler

Thank you for all your replies and apologies for not replying sooner. It is squirting fine, just not in the right direction! I will have a fiddle with it, it might just need re-directing.