Subaru Forester 2016 - Door compatibility - Sailor

I bought a cheap, slightly damaged 2016 Forester. The left passenger door is a little bent and badly scratched. It doesn't quite fall closed like the right one and needs a little pressure or slight slam to close. The door opening seems perfect as do the hinges.

I'm looking to replace the door. I have seen a nice one on ebay, in blue, but its 2009-2013

Is there any difference in the door between 9-13 and 2015-2016 (etc)?????

Do the trim levels matter at all, as most doors have all their parts, and it would be nice not to have to swap them from my door.

Thankyou

Subaru Forester 2016 - Door compatibility - Falkirk Bairn

2008-2013 - 3rd Generation

2013-2018 - 4th Generation

IMHO no chance

In the 1980s a neighbour bought a Sierra door - a year's difference BUT a mid term facelift between the 2 doors (that he did not know about). The door fitted on the hinges perfectly but the roofline had been dropped by a few millimetres and the door would not shut. He cut / welded the window frame of the old door + window glass + mechanism. It took him many many hours - he succeeded ............. eventually.

Subaru Forester 2016 - Door compatibility - Sailor

Thankyou so much. Absolutely EXCELLENT gen......

Anyone know if the body/door changed between 3rd and 4th gen?

I feel i'm not going to risk it. _ and I'd never attempt such a cut and fix!!!!!

Subaru Forester 2016 - Door compatibility - Falkirk Bairn

Gen 3 & Gen 4 - there is a 100 mm difference in wheelbase - 10cm / 4 inches is a lot - 100% no chance the doors are the same.