VW T Cross - VW 1.0 (95) Tsi engine 'flutter' - The Lord of Misrule

I am now 8 months in to the ownership of a VW T Cross SE (95) 1.0 Tsi, It is a 71 reg with 13k on the clock - I bought it from a VW dealer with 9k on the clock, it does a number of things very well, but a number of issues which have arisen mean that I have yet to 'bond' with the car.

Recently, from dead cold for the first mile or two, the engine 'flutters' in the good old days, it's the sort of missing you'd get from pushing in the manual choke too early. Once the engine warms up, there is no problem, the engine runs quietly, smoothly and pulls well. As a simple old soul, I reason this fluttering/missing shouldn't be happening at all in todays engine and none of my previous small engine turbo cars have done this. Before I ask the dealer for a 'from cold' drive and get the no fault found reply, I'd be grateful for any thoughts. Thanks

VW T Cross - VW 1.0 (95) Tsi engine 'flutter' - skidpan

Our 2018 Fabia with the 110 PS version of the same TSi engine (they are all built by Skoda regardless of which VAG car they are fitted to) runs perfectly from cold. The 95 PS Fabia we had on a 2 day test drive in February 2018 (that had 1 cold start) was also perfect. Yours should not be performing as it does.