Suzuki Celerio - Start Stop disable - Mature_cheese

Hi All It's been quite a few years since I posted on here so nice to be back so to speak. Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the start stop function on my (recently donated from my wife) Celerio? It is most annoying and I either have to keep the clutch engaged, therefore wearing the thrust bearing over the long term or sit there with radio, lights and blowers on using just the battery. Not to mention that I find it cannot be doing the engine any good continuously being stopped and started. Call me old fashioned but I just do not like it.

EDIT: I have just found the disable switch down on the right hand side along side the headlight raise and lower wheel and the tyre pressure reset switch. Yet to try it out but hopefully that is the problem solved.

Edited by Mature_cheese on 07/02/2024 at 10:42

Suzuki Celerio - Start Stop disable - skidpan

Are you sure it's got stop/start? We got the wife's uncle one and we were happy it did not have this to confuse a 86 year old. It was a December 2018 car, one of the last imported before the model went off sale.

But if your car does have this function it will not be possible to permanently disable it. Doing that would require a change to its emmisions figures. But all the stop/start cars we have (7) have had a button on the dash to press to disable it temporarily, needs doing every trip but not that hard a job.

Suzuki Celerio - Start Stop disable - elekie&a/c doctor
That’s the switch with an A and a circle around it . It only disabled the Ss for the current drive . Once the ignition is switched off , you’ll need to push the button again .
Suzuki Celerio - Start Stop disable - paul 1963
That’s the switch with an A and a circle around it . It only disabled the Ss for the current drive . Once the ignition is switched off , you’ll need to push the button again .

Not quite true Doc, "Aliexspress" will sell you a module that permanently disables s/s on suzukis.

Suzuki Celerio - Start Stop disable - elekie&a/c doctor
Ali do lots of “trick “ modules. My friend has one for power fold mirror operation on door locking for his vitara . Not sure if they are reliable.