Ford Fiesta ST - 2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost ST-Line gear problem - dunte

hello there,

I seem to be having a issue with my car recently, my car has about 45,000 miles, it appears that at random intervals my gear stick don't seem to shift in gear (up or down gears), after a few clutch peddle pumps (or just holding in the clutch peddle) it will eventually go into gear, after it has happened it is fine to drive, it is not a Pacific gear nor is the gear stick stiff, my car does not seem to be leaking any transmission fluid either, the clutch has not slipped at all, however the clutch peddle has gone soft once but still sprang back, and with in 3 seconds it had resistance again and was not soft and slotted back into gear. (that is the newest thing it has just done) and was fine after, I just can not figure out why it is fine most of the time apart from the odd occasion.

Edited by dunte on 19/02/2024 at 20:11

Ford Fiesta ST - 2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost ST-Line gear problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like there’s a problem with the clutch hydraulic system . Have you checked the level of fluid in the reservoir ?
Ford Fiesta ST - 2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost ST-Line gear problem - dunte

thanks for getting in touch, i have checked the brake/clutch fluid and the reservoir is full.