Nissan Qashqai - Low miles (little service history) Vs Higher (fsh) - Zazi

I know the general advice is to avoid low mileage vehicles, as they could have done a lot of short runs, whereas higher mileage ones have been used consistently and probably for longer journeys...

But if there's a significant difference in the mileage, am wondering if there will be less "worn" or "coming to replacement time" parts on the lower mileage vehicle...

Looking at a Nissan Qashqai 1.3 DiG-T 160 N-Connecta 5dr DCT [Glass Roof Pack] 2020 with 21595 miles on the clock at £15777; only one service by Nissan at 5,902 miles on 03/12/21 and again by dealer selling the car at 21,592 miles on 19/02/2024 (1 owner car).

Vs

Nissan Qashqai 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna 5dr DCT 2020 at £15,640 with 50012 miles on the clock or Nissan Qashqai 1.3 DiG-T 160 [157] N-Motion 5dr DCT 2021 at £14,957 with 46359 miles on the clock, both with full service histories.

The higher mileage vehicles do have nicer spec (leather heated seats, better trim, etc.), but not much difference beyond that...

All seem to look in reasonable nick from photos. (Not been to see them yet; there at various Car Stores around the UK.) All automatic transmission, petrol-engines...

Cheers!

Nissan Qashqai - Low miles (little service history) Vs Higher (fsh) - FoxyJukebox
I’d go for the higher mileage cars-but would want to see evidence of brake pad/discs condition/replacement and also whether the tyres had all been changed. Nothing sinister about this-just sensible maintenance and running costs.

Thank you! Sounds like sensible advice.

Cheers!

Nissan Qashqai - Low miles (little service history) Vs Higher (fsh) - badbusdriver

Nissan Qashqai's are not regarded as being particularly reliable. DCT transmissions can be reliable if driven with a degree of mechanical sympathy (how would you find that out on a 2nd hand car?), otherwise they can be a bit fragile and don't tolerate abuse very well. So I'm afraid I wouldn't be very keen on any of them.

But ignoring that, my first concern would be why the low mileage car has only had one service (at just under 6k miles) in 4 years and 20k miles?. Without a satisfactory answer, i'd leave that one alone.

Between the other two, I'd be more concerned with practical differences rather than trim levels and mileage difference. By which I mean, due to the state of UK roads I'd be looking at the wheel and tyre size and if one car had wheels of a smaller diameter (with tyres of a taller profile), that would be my preferred choice (assuming no other negatives show up re condition and how the car drives). A tyre with a taller profile on a smaller diameter wheel is not as vulnerable to damage from potholes and/or kerbing.

Thank you! That does make sense... One of the higher mileage vehicles (with the best spec) does have 19" wheels, whereas the other has 18"...

I think that's the clincher! :-)

This forum is excellent; it's helped me focus my mind and make a decision, so thanks again to both of you.

Nissan Qashqai - Low miles (little service history) Vs Higher (fsh) - SLO76
Nissan essentially build rebadged Renaults, ask yourself if you’d trust a highly complex automated manual twin clutch transmission and an untested 1.3 high pressure turbocharged engine if it had a Renault badge. I wouldn’t touch any of them personally. The gearbox type has a poor reputation for longevity and with this particular one it is still too early to know if they’ve finally got it right. It speaks volumes that the actual Japanese manufacturers Honda, Toyota and Mazda gave up trying to get these types of gearboxes to work years ago.

If you want a robust small SUV with an automatic box I’d look instead at a Mazda CX30 or a Toyota CHZ, both will be vastly more reliable and much easier to sell on again afterwards.
Nissan Qashqai - Low miles (little service history) Vs Higher (fsh) - Calum38

Considering the reliability concerns with Nissan and its DCT transmission, you might want to look at more dependable options like the Mazda CX-30 or Toyota C-HR.

Nissan Qashqai - Low miles (little service history) Vs Higher (fsh) - movilogo

Nissan Qashqai's are not regarded as being particularly reliable. DCT transmissions

Indeed. My friend's Qashqai transmission packed up around 80k miles. Luckily, he had extended warranty which paid for the repair. The extended warranty didn't cover cars over 100k miles so he got rid of the car at 95k miles.