Any - Recommend me an automatic family car - Doug87542

Hi all

I'm looking for some recommendations on an automatic family car.

Something roomy enough for a family of 4 (doesn't need to be massive) and that has a reasonable size boot (golf clubs!). Would like something reliable as I like to keep cars for around 5 years.

I've previously had manuals but my wife will only drive automatic and whilst this will be my car, I'd like something she can drive when needed.

My previous cars have been Honda CR-V and Mazda 6 both of which I loved but don't necessarily need something as large.

I do around 12,000 miles a year, with regular dual carriageway and around town driving.

Budget is £15K, and whilst I'm in North East Scotland, I'm happy to travel anywhere in UK.

Edited by Doug87542 on 17/05/2024 at 06:35

Any - Recommend me an automatic family car - Adampr

Toyota Corolla is the obvious answer.

Any - Recommend me an automatic family car - Doug87542

Thanks, any particular year or version or are they all good?!

Any - Recommend me an automatic family car - SLO76
Second that, and they’re all good. The estates are more useful but command noticeably more money as taxi operators love them because they’re so tough. A Mazda 3 or CX30 would be a good alternative too.
Any - Recommend me an automatic family car - Heidfirst

& I am going to 3rd the recommendtion ...

The hatchback doesn't have a big boot so check that it takes your clubs & the estate also has better rear seat room as it sits on a longer wheelbase.

Any - Recommend me an automatic family car - John F

The globally ubiquitous Stellantis powertrain of the 1.2 puretech engine and reliable maintenance-free Aisin EAT6 gearbox is found in many family cars, especially Peugeots, Citroens and Vauxhalls in the UK. I'd avoid anything earlier than 2019, because their Dayco cambelts were prone to crumbling, especially if cheap non-spec oil was used. We are very happy with our Peugeot 2008.